I found a recipe in, of course, a Martha Stewert magazine... (have I mentioned that I strive to be like her: excluding the legal troubles of course, orange is not my color). This recipe called for a small whole chicken, resting on a can of Guiness with sprigs of thyme. I made boiled potatoes and green beans for the side.
One hour and a smokey house later, The Bird emerged victorious. It was like winning the state championship! I served the meal with the sides and homemade gravy made from the drippings, and it was the best thing I have ever made! Travis and a mutual friend ate all but two slices of breast meat, which helped me soak up the remaining gravy.
Travis will be doing the dishes tomorrow, by the way.
Do you like my football salt shaker by the way?
Comment!
That is one gorgeous chicken!
ReplyDeleteLooks great! Martha Stewart better watch out!
ReplyDelete